Published on: Dec 18, 2020
Who are we?
DCDD is the Dutch network that promotes the inclusion of people with disabilities in international development cooperation. We believe in the power of inclusion. When people with disabilities have access to all social, economic and political areas of life, everyone benefits.
DCDD is for everyone who wants to make inclusion possible. We have 27 participants, including 10 development organizations and 17 individual experts. DCDD facilitates joint lobbying and learning activities, such as lobbying campaigns, learning events, projects and publications. We want to show everyone in the development sector and know how they can make sure their programs are inclusive for people with disabilities.
What are you going to do?
We would love to increase our visibility on social media, in order to generate increased attention and support for our cause, our activities and the activities of our participants. Since last year, we also have a new website with accessibility features for visitors who have a visual impairment. This website needs to be kept up to date with new information, such as our events calendar, news articles, etc. Furthermore, we regularly organize webinars, whereby technical and communication support would be very welcome.
As a communication intern you will actively help us develop and post content via our website (WordPress) and social media channels (mostly Twitter and Linkedin). Your communication supports the activities of our network, such as learning and networking activities for participants and lobby activities. For example, you write content for the website and newsletters, design appealing visuals, use social media effectively and bring our LinkedIn group / page to life, help us make sure our webinars run smoothly.
Do you prefer to see yourself doing other things during your internship? We are flexible and are happy to talk to you about designing the internship as desired.
What are we looking for?
– You have demonstrable experience with online communication for organizational purposes and you are familiar with using at least WordPress, Twitter and Linkedin;
– You have a passion for writing appealing text (if you also know how to make nice visuals that’s a plus);
– You are committed to (learn how to) ensure accessibility of our online communications for people with disabilities;
– You have demonstrable affinity with international development and/or social issues;
– You are proactive and have a positive result-oriented attitude;
– You have a good command of the English language (if you also command Dutch that’s preferable);
– You are independent and flexible, and you enjoy working from time to time at a different office or from home;
– You are available for a minimum of 8 hours a week and for at least 4 months. Start date would preferably be February (but open for discussion).
What do we offer?
– Work experience within the NGO sector, opportunity to take a look behind the scenes at various NGOs;
– Learning the do’s and don’ts of communicating about disability inclusion, development and rights issues;
– Learning how to deal with accessibility requirements in (online) communication, so that persons with disabilities can access all content;
– A flexible internship position, with plenty of room to work on your internship assignments and development goals;
– A nice and motivated small team to work with!
Do you believe you could be our new communication intern? Then please send an email to email@example.com with your resume and motivation before 18 January 2021. For questions, please contact this address too. We look forward to receiving your reply!