Published on: Aug 8, 2019
Do you want to work with us on equal opportunities for people with disabilities in developing countries? Could you use your communication skills to support the activities of our network? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
The Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development (DCDD) is a network that aims to ensure that people with disabilities have equal opportunities to participate in development programs in low- and middle-income countries. We want to let the Dutch government and development organizations know how they can ensure that their programs are “inclusive”. So that for example, children with disabilities can go to an inclusive school, women and girls who are deaf receive sex education in sign language, or refugees with disabilities are not left behind when handing out food packages. There are 11 organizations and 11 individuals members of the DCDD network; together we promote ‘disability inclusion’ through learning sessions, lobbying campaigns, projects and publications. We have a small coordination team, consisting of two part-time coordinators and four board members. DCDD does not have its own office, so therefore we use the offices of our member organizations such as Liliane Foundation (‘s-Hertogenbosch), Netherlands Leprosy Relief (Amsterdam) and Light for the World (Veenendaal).
We offer a flexible internship within which you can gain knowledge and experience in the field of communication in international development. Your communication supports the activities of our network, such as learning and networking activities for members and lobbying activities towards the Dutch government. For example, you design new communication materials, such as brochures and fact sheets, optimize our (new) website, write content for the website and newsletters, develop videos about our work, use social media effectively and bring our LinkedIn group/page to life. Do you prefer to see yourself doing other things during your internship? That is possible, we are flexible and are happy to discuss the possibilities with you.
• You are proactive and have a positive result-oriented attitude;
• You have an affinity with international development and/or social issues;
• You are independent and flexible, and you enjoy working at another office or from home occasionally;
• You have a good command of English and Dutch;
• You follow a bachelor or master course in Communication / International Relations / International Development or other relevant studies;
• You are available for a minimum of three months from September / October for a minimum of 16 hours per week.
What do we offer?
• Work experience within the NGO sector, the opportunity work from different NGO offices and learn in the field of communication, inclusion and lobby and advocacy;
• A flexible internship/work experience, with plenty of room to work on your internship assignments and develop your personal goals;
• Good work atmosphere in a small team.
Are you interested in an internship or volunteer / work experience position at DCDD? Then send your motivation letter and CV before 30 August to Ieke van Lammeren at email@example.com. In addition to your motivation, also let us know when and for how many hours per week you will be available. Do you have any questions, or would you like to know more? Feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 073-3034910.
’s-Hertogenbosch / Amsterdam
Minimum 16 hours per week, more hours are possible!
Internship / Volunteer / Work experience position
Required education level
Bachelor’s or Master’s student