- This event has passed.
20 years of DCDD!
November 25, 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
DCDD celebrates its 20th anniversary this year!
Twenty years ago, a group of passionate Dutch disability inclusion professionals came together and founded the Dutch Coalition for Disability and Development. Why? To learn and share about the practices of inclusion and to jointly advocate for a more inclusive development sector. Together, as a network, we have achieved a lot over the years and we are looking forward to the years still to come: strengthening inclusive policies, programmes and each other! As you are a part of this journey we’ve been on, we invite you to celebrate this moment with us!
WHAT : A journey through time: 20 years of disability-inclusive development
WHEN : 25 November 2020, 15:00 – 17:00 Amsterdam time (GMT +1)
Together with you and several inspiring guest speakers, we will take stock regarding disability inclusion in development cooperation: where do we come from and where do we stand? We will highlight important milestones and reveal our brand-new video. And of course, we will take a peek into the future: which opportunities do we see for bringing disability inclusion to the next level by 2030?
– Sigrid Kaag, Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation | opening
– Charlotte McClain-Nhlapo (USA), Global Disability Advisor for the World Bank Group | keynote speech
– Huib Cornielje, founder of DCDD and director of Enablement | panel
– Johan Wesemann, former DCDD chair, global advisor on disability & deaf inclusion | panel
– Paul van Trigt, historian and postdoc researcher at Leiden University | panel
– Yetnebersh Nigussie, Ethiopian human rights lawyer and Senior Manager of the Global Action on Disability Network | speech
– Nidhi Goyal, director of Rising Flame India, gender & disability activist | interactive session
The platform we will use for our event is Zoom. Zoom is screen-reader accessible. Live captions will be provided in English.
Please CLICK HERE to go to our YouTube channel. We will upload the recording of the session in a few days.