- Dit evenement is voorbij.
oktober 10 - oktober 12
This 3-day disability inclusion training takes place on October 10, 11 and 12.
(Further venue details will be communicated soonest)
As part of the We Are Able! programme DCDD organises a series of learning sessions on disability inclusion for Civil Society organisations who receive funding from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Under this umbrella we roll out a pilot in Uganda, engaging with organisations that want to learn about disability inclusion within their programmes in Uganda.
This is an invitation for a 3-day kick-off training for Ugandan partners that want to join this trajectory. In the coming years we will work towards inclusive programming together with the participants. In other words, this is not just a one-time training, but we aim for this to be a 3-year trajectory including follow-up technical support, training and advice.
WHY & WHAT?
An important part of strengthening civil society is making space for and amplifying the voices of persons with disabilities to be heard, in society as well as in the design of development programmes. In collaboration with the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, we want CSO partners to get together for a series of meet-ups in which we exchange and explore the most effective ways to make disability inclusion happen. During the series we share tools for disability inclusive programming, facilitate in-country connections and exchange experiences on inclusive advocacy. The specific learning agenda is developed based on inputs from all participants.
This 3-day training will be organised primarily for country coordinators and/or inclusion focal points to join, preferably together with one other consortium colleague. Eligible organisations include those which (directly or indirectly) receive funding from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs under the Strengthening Civil Society (SCS) framework (e.g. Power of Voices, Power of Women, SRHR partnerships, WPS programs, Voice, Leading from the South). Other eligible organisations are those who have membership of the DCDD network.
This kick-off session takes place live van October 10th to 12th, 2022. Please sign up through the link below, by September 11th!
This session takes place in Kampala, Uganda. Further venue details will be communicated soonest.
Pre-registration is open until September, 11th.
Please note that registration does not guarantee participation as limited spaces are available.
After registration closes, a participant selection will be made and communicated to you.
Previous ‘Power of Disability Inclusion’ sessions
- The first online Session on the ‘Power of Disability Inclusion’ took place on February 1st and with over 10 consortia joining, it was a huge success!
- On June 1st, the session on‘Disability Inclusive Grantmaking’ took place. Guest speakers Esther Kiyozira (CEO of the National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda NUDIPU and partner in the We Are Able! programme) and Katiya Sakala (Regional Head of Programmes Africa at the Disability Rights Fund) shared a wealth of experience on how to ensure access to funding for (small) organisations of persons with disabilities through participatory and inclusive grantmaking.
Upcoming ‘Power of Disability Inclusion’ sessions
The series of learning sessions will run until 2025, for which all Civil Society partners of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (as well as DCDD members) are warmly welcome to participate! Have a look below at the planning for the upcoming sessions:
- 10, 11, 12 October: Kick-off Disability Inclusion Workshop Uganda (live, Kampala)
- 27 October: Launch Quick Guide on Disability Inclusive Monitoring and Data Collection (online, together with Partos)
- November (tbc): Disability & LGBTIQ+ community (online)
- December (tbc): Launch Quick Guide on Disability Inclusive Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (online, together with Liliane Fonds)
- January 2023 (tbc): Strengthening linkages between disability & gender movements (online)
Want to stay updated about the upcoming sessions? Sign up for the ‘Power of Disability’ mailing-list hier or get in contact directly with Ieke van Lammeren by sending her an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to enter the mailing list.
This training is hosted by the Dutch Coalition on Disability and Development (DCDD) en Light for the World Uganda. Organised on behalf of the We Are Able! consortium: